- Five 9er since 2019
from Norrköping, SWEDEN
follow Ella on Instagram:
- Played for the U19 Elite team from 14 years old until 16
- Member of the U15 and U17 National Team
- Started 17 out of 21 games in div.1 (Swedish 3rd tier)
- Captain of the State Team
- Led her State Team to the Swedish Championship (State Team Cup)
- First transfer to an Elitettan team (2nd tier Sweden). Missed the 2020 season due to ACL injury.
- Played and started every game in 2021 at the leftback position
Ella (to the right) at National Team camp with Hanna Stokki and Hanna Bennison
Ella is a left-footed modern defender who can play both central and out wide. Some of her best attributes are her game-awareness, 1v1 defending and winning mentality. Just to mention a few. She has consistently been picked to national team camp and tournaments since U-15.
Ella played with Linköping FC U19 already at 14 years old, and was a player we had our eyes on long before actually starting to work together. When the U19 team ceased to exist (!) in 2019, she switched to IFK Norrköping to play div.1 senior football.
In 2019 Ella also captained her State Team to become National Champion in the Swedish State Cup (played between the 24 States' best 17-year olds). Her Östergötland (with other Five 9ers Sofia Hjern and My Cato) won the final against Stockholm. In the Championship game Ella managed to shut down the very skilled Hanna Lundkvist (Sweden U-23) that she competed with on the wing.
The 2020 season went well for the defender, and her team ended up 2nd in the league. However, not good enough for Ella, who had hoped to qualify up to Elitettan.
As she was hungry for a bigger challenge, we helped her move to Elitettan anyway - by joining Kvarnsveden IK. She moved 5 hours north in the middle of high school and adjusted her whole life in order to get to the next level. Unfortunately, she tore her ACL in early 2020 and missed the season. She will be back in 2021.